Principal Database Engineer
Principal Database Engineer – Analytics,
Contract to Perm Role
It is vital to the mission of our organization to provide database systems in a highly secure and performant manner, through which data can be reliably and securely solutioned to customers. The Database Engineer (DBE) is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, and to design and implement solutions to assist in the areas of integrations, master data management and analytics.
The Database Engineer (DBE) is responsible for becoming a subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities, having a high-touch experience working with internal customers on a daily basis. This involves working within a project-focused environment to extract business and technical requirements; coordinating with business leads, product owners and 3rd party vendors to manage operations, deployments and to support new functionality; and understanding our operational and strategic objectives and how they are achieved through the management and analysis of the data.
A qualified candidate will possess deep technical skills in a number of data-centric areas, with the expectation that these skills will be applied directly and/or a managerial fashion.
· Ability to design and develop analytical models based on business needs, utilizing both traditional data warehousing techniques as well as ‘power-user’ solutions, focused on user empowerment.
· Ability to design and implement complex integrations and orchestrate within the enterprise to support master data integrity, application data needs, and analytics.
· Provide leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications, including working with development, technical support and operations during the design, creation and implementation of applications, to ensure the data component of those applications integrate with the enterprise strategy for master data management and analytics.
· Develop and implement a methodology for the ongoing assessment of performance and security of the enterprise data environment, ensuring a high-secured, highly-resilient environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Continued develop of the data warehouse, including incorporation of additional data sets, building analytical models tailored to business needs, and develop consumption vehicles (e.g. visualizations) for both internal and external clients.
· Develop and maintain integrations between applications and platforms internal as well as those hosted / managed by 3rd party vendors.
· Establish an end-state vision of the data analytics environment and help develop 1 and 3 year strategic roadmaps outlining the path to achieve these objectives.
· Understand and architect master data management strategies governed by the strategic needs of the business as defined by policy and process.
· Engage with clients and stakeholders on a routine basis, presenting strategies and tactical implementations in both formal and in-formal settings, in order to champion data-analytics initiatives and generate consensus on paths forward.
· Be familiar with and adhere to Information Technology Security Policies and procedures.
· Coordinate with other managers to integrate with projects, applications and/or initiatives.
· Provide architectural/database technical expertise to team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases with regard to data architecture.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
· BS degree from accredited university required
· At least 10 years working in database engineering and solution delivery
· At least 7 years’ experience working in the MS Data Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI). Experience with Tableau and SAS is a plus.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in successfully designing and delivering enterprise-level data analytics solutions. Maintenance of existing data warehousing environments does not count toward this criterion.
· 3+ years SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints), and experience in creating database architecture with associated schemas as part of a software design process.
· At least 2 years managing a highly secure, regulated environment with strong understanding of administration, including business continuity, availability and recoverability, with focus on securing environments
· Advanced understanding of database structures and master data management theories, principles, and practices
· Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, team-oriented, collaborative environment, playing multiple roles on any given work day.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language with solid technical documentation skills
· Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively in a project management framework.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive information.
· Outstanding customer service skills via phone, e-mail and in-person.
· Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
Please contact Christy.Cifreo@Synergishr.com or 770-346-7211