Private Equity Fund Accountant
Our client is a private wealth management group present in more than 20 locations throughout Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, employing approximately 4,000 people.
Their Irish branch provides fund administration services to mainly private equity firms. The team consists of 37 people currently. They are now seeking a highly motivated qualified accountant to join a dedicated team focused on providing quality service to its clients. The successful applicant will receive a broad range of experience in the administration of regulated private equity companies and full training will be provided.
You will report to the fund accounting manager, the successful person will be responsible for the day to day
- Administration of private equity funds including:
- Preparation and review of monthly net asset valuations
- Preparation of year-end and semi-annual financial statements
- Investment reporting and dealing with investment manager, custodian, auditors and regulators etc.
- Shareholder services (issuing notices, monthly statements etc)
- Preparation of legal, tax and regulatory returns
- Assist in ad hoc projects in the area of fund administration
- Maintain and enhance ISAE 3402
- Manage year end audit
- Business related third level qualification
- Accountancy qualification – ACA or ACCA
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Computer literate and competent with MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.