Senior Analyst : 0000FZGD
Role Title: Senior Analyst
Business: Risk Management
New or Existing Role: Replacement
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting the bank globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable the bank to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as Senior Analyst working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Risk Analytics & Modelling roles are responsible for modelling and analytic controls covering design, development, implementation, optimisation and validation. They provide provision of analytics to identify risks, new risk trends, management information, forecasts, and recommend model or control amendments to address these specifically for non-Regulatory Risk purposes. Activities may support regulatory and non-regulatory purposes and the development of policy.
In this role, you will:
- Directly influence the operational effectiveness of the Risk and FCR functions
- Co-ordinate and manage projects; typically working on large, moderately complex projects/assignments
- Manage and be responsibe for a team; including people and performance
- Support decisions through advice, counsel or services in area of specialisation
- Be accountable for delivery against prescribed targets, budgets and resourcing and responsible for volume, quality, and timeliness of end results
- Act as initial point of escalation for team members
- Adhere to and actively support established policies and procedures in own team
- Support change initiatives and embed change initiatives within own team
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Have excellent analytical skills with good eye for detail and ability to draw and support conclusions or anticipate outcomes from data trends or system documentation.
- Have data Modelling experience, advanced statistical methods/functions and statistical background (models, correlations, hypothesis), general purpose programming languages, database administration tools (migration, DB administration)
- Have strong analytical skills with complex data type and format Clustering: K-means, Hierarchical clustering, etc.
- Have proven ability and experience working in Python is essential.
- Have experience in SQL, PL/SQL, ORACLER, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK or equivalent is desirable.
- Supervised Learning: Regression Analysis, Generalized Linear Model, Decision Trees, SVM, etc.
- Have good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance.
- Have a good understanding of payment activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations specially relating to AML, Payments, and Compliance.
- Have experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- Have strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) and ability to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood by non-analysts and senior executives.
- Have proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- You will take pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing environment, showing initiative and drive
- Have experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts e.g Tableau, SAS VA, Qlikview, Platfora.
- Have understanding of business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes
- Have a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- Have a flexible approach to working with the ability to travel to other entities within HSBC
- Have the ability to review processes and controls across the Business
- Be able to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the business
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.