Senior Company Secretary
Senior Company Secretary
Financial Services: Investment Management
Role: Permanent/ Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Reports To: Company Secretary Director
WFH: 2 days per week office-based
About the Company:
A global investment manager which offers investment solutions and services to a wide range of clients including banks, wealth funds, large FS corporations, and private individuals.
- Fully responsibility for overseeing the management of the Investment Company Secretariat.
- Line manager for 4 direct reports.
- Overseeing any outsourcing Company Secretariat arrangements in emerging markets.
- Delivering improvements to the day-to-day functions and processes of the Company Secretariat, including improved consistency, efficiency, and delivery to agreed KPIs.
- Working closely with the entire Investment team to meet and exceed the expectations of the boards.
- Keeping up to date on all legislative and regulatory changes affecting Investment Trusts, and helping the Boards to understand the implications for their companies.
- Liaising with key third-party service providers.
- Responsible for overseeing stock exchange announcements and appropriate Companies House filings
- Helping to develop future Investment Companies (new launches, acquisitions or other corporate actions)
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Fully Qualified Company Secretary
- Extensive experience in Investment Trust Company Secretarial duties.
- Previous experience in managing and/or is able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Confident in dealing with senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Willingness and proven ability to implement change.
- Demonstrable experience in gaining the confidence of experienced Board members.
- Strong technical ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Self-starter who is energetic and enthusiastic, with a track record of continuous delivery.
- Can-do attitude to problem-solving.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.