Senior Legal Counsel – Insurance
Senior Legal Counsel
Location: City of London
Role: Full time/ Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Reporting to: General Counsel
Reporting lines: 1 direct report
WFH: Hybrid model/ flexible working policy
One of the UK’s leading commercial insurance broking groups.
· Assisting with due diligence, SPA negotiation, and deal management.
· Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, NDAs, engagement letters, and insurer agreements.
· Supporting external law firms on security take-ups and documenting intra-group lending.
· Liaising with IP lawyers to manage the portfolio of trademark assets.
· Liaising with external counsel as and when required on contentious matters.
· Overseeing the management of the company secretarial system and working alongside offshore company administrators to oversee all equity movements, governance changes and company secretarial filings throughout the Group.
· Attending and taking minutes at board and risk committee meetings.
· Supporting the Group’s project teams to integrate newly acquired companies post-acquisition.
· Providing quarterly MI reporting.
· Assisting with KYC requests from the Group’s financial counterparties.
· Qualified lawyer or equivalent.
· At least 3+ PQE.
· Experience in M&A and commercial law.
· Dynamic – can deal with a wide variety of different legal issues on a daily basis.
· Strong commercial awareness.
· Highly organised with a resilient ‘can do’ nature.
· Excellent project management skills are essential.
· Domestic and cross-border M&A experience.
· Insurance sector-specific experience.
· Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days.
· Death in Service benefit.
· Company pension scheme.
· Generous maternity and paternity leave packages.
· A flexible benefits package that allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package, offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, and travel.
· Referral schemes.
· Employee benefits and welfare package to support employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counseling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking, and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.