Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker Vernon, California
Job Ref: 35520
MUST be proficient in die rework and progressive dies, be able to operate milling machines, a plus if they know OD surface grinders, they have Bridgeports there, if he knows stamping or progressive dies his knowledge base should be sufficient.
Target pay around 27/hr – 28/hr, need 1, one on day shift (4:30 am – 3 pm – 10 hours).
Purpose: Build and maintain simple to moderate Compound and Progressive dies.
• Promote and ensure safe working practices and a healthy work environment
• Follow all company policies
• Promote team work
• Build all different forms of stamping tooling
• Punch and Die Maintenance
• Incorporate engineering changes into current tooling
• Trouble shoot problems with minimal supervision
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Provide written line ups for the opposing shift
• Mentor and train less experienced employees
• Be able to work on multiple dies at one time
• Any other duties that me be assigned by department supervisor.
• Report all safety issues in writing to the appropriate department supervisor, Operations Managers and the Health and Safety Specialist
• Report all maintenance issues in writing to the appropriate department supervisor, Operations Managers and the Associate Manager of Maintenance
• Build all forms of stamping and progressing dies.
• High School diploma
• Journeyman Tool and Die Certificate is preferred
• At least 6 years' experience of building stamping dies
• Able to Program and Operate EDM machine
• Able to work with and give feedback to department supervisors to resolve issues on the shop floor
• Some welding experience
• Ability to work with different types of people
• Must be organized and self-motivated.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Able to lift at least 25 lbs
• Able to stand for long periods at a time
• Trade School Certification
• Able to work on stamping and progressive dies
• Build and Maintain progressive dies
• Able to Sharp progressive dies
• Knowledge of stamping and progressive dies
• Surface running grinders skills
• Knowledge of Machine Shop Equipment
1. Standing for long periods of time.
2. Ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
3. Ability to see details at close range, at a distance through peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact position.
5. Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
6. Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
7. Reaching with hands and arms.
8. Talking and hearing.
9. Occasional walking, stooping, crawling, kneeling, or crouching.
10. Repeatedly lifting, tugging and/or moving up to 50 pounds.