Vice Presidnt, Operations
Vice Presidnt, Operations
Vice Presidnt, Operations
VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, Operations to join a manufacturing recycling facility headquartered in Calgary. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record building strong teams, improving company performance, developing and coaching staff, and managing financial KPIs and targets. This is a regulatory business and unionized environment and a great opportunity for someone that is looking to evolve their career.
Alberta Beverage Container Recycling Corporation (ABCRC) is responsible for the economic and efficient recovery and recycling of beverage containers. ABCRC operates under not-for-profit provisions as the agent for beverage manufacturers in Alberta to collect, transport, process and recycle those beverage containers. They have facilities in both Calgary and Edmonton and support 220 independently owned Bottle Depots throughout Alberta that collect beverage containers from consumers.
The Vice President, Operations will be required to travel between Calgary and Edmonton and can expect to be in Edmonton 6-8 days per month, or more, if required.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Operations is responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Oversee and manage daily operations,
- Ensure established operating targets are achieved by developing and leading team(s),
- Manage all recycling, production and deliveries, ensuring they are within allocated budget and timelines, to meet targets and ensure efficient use of labor and resources,
- Provide exceptional service for customers, employees and suppliers.
- Manage the flow of production and develop strategies to improve quality, efficiency and overall flow of production,
- Research and implement technologies to ensure production and product quality improvement,
- Interview, select and oversee training, monitor and evaluate each employee’s progress,
- Manage and further develop internal training programs, utilizing available training resources on a regular basis.
- Develop and foster individual and collective communication within the team(s),
- Review Safety requirements; ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety policies and procedures,
- Provide leadership and coaching with the management team and drive the implementation of manufacturing best practices,
- Esurance of compliance by operations staff with all agreements with the regulatory board and bottle depots,
- Other duties as required in a rapidly evolving environment.
BREAKDOWN OF DUTIES
- Performance Improvement – 30%
- Effective Industry Operations – 25%
- Processing Oversight – 20%
- Risk Management Oversight within Operations – 10%
- Collection Oversight – 5%
- Commodity Sales Oversight – 5%
- Planning Leadership Support for the President – 5%
- “Boots on the ground” and comfortable on the production floor.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Practical and effective problem solver, critical thinker, and ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Persistent and result orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relationship builder with an outgoing personality.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance related discipline and/or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in manufacturing/industry operations in a leadership position.
- Exposure or previous experience in a regulatory environment an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment, UFCW an asset.
- Strong presentation and strong influencing skills.
- Exceptional health and safety standards.
- Effective skills in strategic planning, departmental management and business analysis.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work and multi-task across many assignments.
- Ability to communicate ideas, project and process concepts, both orally and in writing, with ease and clarity.
- Ability to deal with conflicting issues, roadblocks, dependencies and change demonstrating superior negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong sense of personal and business integrity and commitment to ethical business behavior.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships at all levels of the organization and with relevant external stakeholders.
- Leads others to build an organization that maximizes performance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca