VMware Systems Administrator
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a VMware systems administrator for a contact to hire opportunity to work with our client based in Washington, DC.
For more information, please contact Cameron Crabbe at 407-652-0154 or via email at email@example.com
Responsible for leading and managing the administrative and design tasks for the virtualized server infrastructure. Deploys, configures, and maintains VMware infrastructure. Plans and manages workloads, projects, and other administrative tasks associated with the VMware Server team. Provides subject matter expertise in troubleshooting all issues related to the VMware server infrastructure.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments
- Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs)
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software
- Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other items
- U.S. Citizenship and an Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance
- At least 5 years of IT experience
- DoD 8750 LAT Level II Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Strong knowledge of VMware 6.0 or higher to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
- Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management
- Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments
- Understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
- Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure • Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.