Administrative Assistant – Los Fresnos, TX
Los Fresnos, TX
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for experienced Administrative Assistants in the Los Fresnos, TX area.
This position is contingent upon award of bid, anticipated in Fall 2021.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides administrative support directly for the Health Services Administrator (HSA) and Assistant Health Services Administrator(s) (AHSA) in support of the ICE and IHSC mission. The AA by nature of their role is exposed to sensitive and private information and as such is required to maintain strict confidentiality of all records, including medical and personnel records, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), personnel issues and other sensitive office matters. The AA is responsible for duties and responsibilities that are commonly associated with an Administrative Assistant role in the health care industry (for example: drafting official documents, creating and maintaining various files and schedules).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Associates Degree preferred; however a High School Diploma is minimally acceptable criteria.
- Minimum of one year of direct experience with, and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word®, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Minimum of one-year experience preferably in a healthcare setting as an Administrative Assistant, where the processing of electronic medical/health records and scheduling of medical appointments, such as radiology procedures, specialty consults, follow-up appointments, and surgical procedures was part of the daily responsibilities.
- Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains Heartsaver® CPR AED certification through the American Heart Association®. Must include hands on training and practice with an instructor and a mannequin.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients and co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient understands.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and communicate clearly with a basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based trainings, and communications.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment/technology usage; including telephone, copy machine, scanner, computer, printer and ability to trouble shoot basic office equipment issues.
- Knowledge of, and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word®, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act/Fair Information Practice Principles) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Types a variety of materials in the form of memoranda, meeting minutes, letters, briefing materials and reports.
- Establishes and maintains office files, databases and creates electronic spreadsheets which may include the management of timesheets, leave requests, contract documents, and invoices. Reviews files to meet current needs and periodically reviews materials for disposition.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records, including; medical and personnel records, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), personnel issues and other sensitive office matters. Keeps all file systems containing PII secured per IHSC and ICE policy.
- Arranges for meetings, including making reservations for conference rooms and notifying participants. When necessary, attends meetings and prepares reports of the proceedings.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls to the medical facility, referring callers to the Health Services Administrator or other clinic staff as appropriate.
- Independently accomplishes tasks and questions within their scope. Seeks guidance when appropriate.
CONTRACT POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Maintains HSA/AHSA calendar and schedules appointments and meetings as directed. Reminds HSA/AHSA of appointments and provided briefs on the matters to be considered before the scheduled meetings. On own initiative, reschedules appointments when it becomes apparent that the HSA/AHSA will not be able to meet previous engagements.
- Receives and screens all incoming correspondence and directives to keep aware of the activities of the office. Determines those that can be acted upon personally and takes necessary action. When necessary uses initiative to obtain clarification or instructions from originating offices.
- Controls incoming and outgoing correspondence and action documents, following up to ensure that deadlines are met for responses.
- Receives and processes requests for information in accordance with the Fair Information Practice Principles and Privacy Act.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to, position.
- Performs the duties of Medical Records Technician as time allows when primary role is complete
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
- Serves as a team member for analyzing established protocol practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to and participates in: IHSC’s Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings
- Adheres to and maintains awareness of; IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
DUTY HOURS / ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; you may be required to respond during an emergency activation.
- This full-time position requires availability to workdays, evenings, as well as weekends and holidays. Night shifts may be requested at times based on mission needs but are generally not required. (site specific).
- On-call availability is not required for this position.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render an Initial Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial, and between, subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment.
- The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities.
- Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.